1. Where are you from? I am from Spring Valley, NY
2. Tell us your latest news? I have partnered with Senior Pastor Joy-Frye Branch of Walking by Faith Miracle Center located within Raceland, La to participate within a Family Conference to be held in November 2015. Further details forthcoming. I shall be participating as a vendor to promote my new book, “Step Out of Your Box, 31-Days of Daily Encouragement”, on Saturday, October 10, 2015, beginning at 9 AM. The event, SISTAS Network Seasons of Life Empowerment Seminar, shall be held at the Plantation Inn in Houma, La. I am equally excited to be part of the upcoming Freedom Convention, which is to be held held October 29-November 1, 2015 within the Poconos.
3. When and why did you begin writing? I began writing in 2010 after I had relocated to my 2nd home state, Houma, La with my then teenage daughter. There were two reasons why I began writing. I was experiencing a shift within my walk with the Lord and used writing as an outlet to share my journey with others. And during a period of 3 years, my dear friend Esther who was a missionary in Haiti and Brazil had granted me permission to create an amazing journal, along with photo’s, that led to an awesome book chronicling Esther journey serving the Lord.
4. When did you first consider yourself a writer? I first considered myself a writer in 2012 after completing Esther’s book. I had become inspired to create a never before monthly 4-page newsletter for my employer. There was a huge company growth, and to keep up with all the changes, the management team and I collaborated to create an informative monthly publication.
5. What inspired you to write your first book? I was led to write inspiring blogs within my social media page. And in doing so, the responses received indicated the messages had made a difference to those who read them. This inspired me to create a book of daily inspirations that will impact many others outside my circle of friends within social media.
6. Do you have a specific writing style? My writing style is simple and straightforward. I tend to speak in the same manner. I believe you should communicate your thoughts clearly, without confusing the point, nor speaking above nor beneath a person’s intellect. The message shared should be easy to comprehend and without a doubt the underline meaning.
7. How did you come up with the title? I came up with the book title that through the book’s daily message. I address the various obstacles in life that hinders our relationship with God. And our inability to trust His love to break down those emotional walls that were built over time.
8. Is there a message in your book that you want readers to grasp? What I would like for the reader to grasp is you are qualified to receive God’s love just as you are. And if you would allow him access to your heart, he will deliver you from your pain.
9. How much of the book is realistic? All of the book is realistic for it is God inspired. I write what He has laid upon my heart and share my personal experience when necessary.
11. What books have most influenced your life most? My appreciation of reading the Bible, though it came later in life, is my most influential book. I also enjoy Joyce Meyers and can relate to her teaching for it closely mirrors so many of us. But there is one book I have always loved as a child, and I purchase copies for my children growing up. The book is named Striped Ice Cream by author Joan Lexau. The 1992 child book promoted family togetherness during times of joy and sorrow that through her mother faith. It really left an impression on me and I’m 46 years old.
12. If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor? Joyce Meyers, she writes to the readers, and she does so with personal experience as proof God’s love is real.
13. What book are you reading now? My focus is the Bible, I don’t have any particular book outside the word of God. Lately, each time I attempted to read something else, I am led to place it down and go back to the word. There’s my message…Study yourself approved.
14. Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest? Yes, Rabbi Jonathan Cahn who wrote The Harbinger and The Shemitah.
15. What are your current projects? I’m currently working on my next book, which shall be a 60- day devotional. I do not have a title yet, awaiting confirmation of the one I have in mind.
16. Name one entity that you feel supported you outside of family members. Terrebonne Parish main library located on Library Drive in Houma, La. The staff members are very supportive and assisted in many ways through technology support.
17. Do you see writing as a career? I see writing not as a career choice but as a gift to share God’s word. I desire to do more then just write, and it’s through my writing doors of opportunities shall open, all for kingdom building.
18. If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book? I would not change anything within my latest book for it is God inspired. Step out of your box was not created to resemble all the other wonderful books out there. It was designed to be unique within its style of deliverance and stand out amongst the others to reach those who are lost.
19. Do you recall how your interest in writing originated? When I began sharing encouraging messages within my social media page, my interest in writing began. The response received by those reading the blog statuses encourage me to continue the course I was heading.
21. Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing? What I have found challenging when writing is communicating the meaning of a particular passage. There are several ways to read the scriptures and include them within my message. You must be careful not to misinterpret a passage of scriptures; which could confuse the reader of your intended message. This is why it’s important to read several scriptures above and beneath the intended scripture you are referencing to assure the accuracy of your message to the reader.
22. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work? I don’t have a favorite author for I do enjoy many types of books as well as authors. I can say I am a huge fan of Beverly Jenkins, Lynn Emery, and not to mention Jude Deveraux. Beverly and Lynn write about the culture for which I was raised and I include historical black events I knew nothing about. I love Jude writings of Europe, I have a love affair with the people of Great Britain.
23. Do you travel much promoting your book(s)? I just begun promoting my book locally since it’s release on August 11, 2015. However. I plan to travel more within the southern part of the states and work my way to the north east soon. 24. Who designed the covers? I designed the book cover.
25. What was the hardest part of writing your book? Being a self-publisher there are expenses that occurs sometimes beyond what’s available. What I found the hardest was finding solutions when maintaining cost, while assure the quality of the finished work.
26. Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it? I’ve learned so much, I don’t know where to begin. When embarking on any project, you must be committed to the end. Be willing to learn from your mistakes and allow room for corrections. Ask questions for no question is a dumb question. Receive advice of others who successfully been where you heading. Have confidence in your project and yourself to complete the task. Don’t be in a hurry and pace your steps to catch your mistake. In the end be proud of a job well done.
27. Do you have any advice for other writers? Do your homework before you begin your writing. And keep a positive support team in your corner, those who are not afraid to pray for you and your success.
28. Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? Please go out and purchase Step Out of Your Box and if not for yourself then as gift to someone else. I guarantee it shall bless all those who read it. God bless and continue to be a blessing.
**Click This Link http://amzn.to/1TYcmqQ To Purchase …
“Step Out of Your Box: 31-Days of Daily Encouragement: by Edith Nevis
*Follow Author Edith Nevis on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/buffy.nevis or